Mary Suchyta, D.O.
- Clinical Medical Editor, ARUP Consult®, ARUP Laboratories
- Staff Physician, Intermountain Health Care Urgent Care Clinics
- Consultant Physician, Medical Review Institute of America
Areas of Interest
- ARDS research since fellowship including cellular level research and human research as a fellow on NIH ECCO2R project at LDS Hospital
- Algorithm development process
- Continued outcome ARDS research at Intermountain Health Care with Dr. Mona Hopkins
- Clinical editing
- Additional interests in medical reviewing and certification of changes as panel reviewer
- Hopkins RO, Suchyta MR, Farrer TJ, Needham D: Improving Post-ICU Neuropsychiatric Outcomes: Understanding Cognitive Effects of Physical Activity. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 186: 1220-1228, 2012.
- Hopkins RO, Suchyta MR, Snow GL, Jephson A, Weaver LK, Orme JF. Blood glucose dysregulation and cognitive outcome in ARDS survivors. Brain Inj. 2010;24(12): 1478-84. Epub 2010 Sep 21.
- Hopkins, RO, Suchyta MR, Snow GL, et al: Glucose and Cognitive Outcome in ARDS Survivors. Brain Injury 24:1478-1484, 2010.
- Suchyta MR, Hopkins RO, Jephson A. Brain MR and CT Findings Associated with Critical Illness. Brain Imaging and Behavior March 2010 Online.
- Hopkins RO, Key C, Suchyta MR, et al: Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in Survivors of ARDS. General Hospital Psychiatry 32:147-155, 2010.
- Suchyta, MR, Beck CJ, Key CW, Jephson A, Hopkins RO. (2008). Substance dependence and psychiatric disorders are related to outcomes in a mixed ICU population. Intensive Care Med, 34(12), 2264-7.
- Suchyta, MR. (2004). To B or not to B?: it still is the question. Chest, 124(1), 5-7.
- Refer to PubMed for all of Dr. Suchyta’s publications
- 1975 – 1978 BS Marquette University (Biology, Chemistry) Milwaukee, WI, USA
- 1978 – 1982 DO Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (Medicine) Chicago, IL, USA
- 1982 – 1983 INTERNSHIP Sun Coast Hospital, Largo, FL, USA
- 1983 – 1985 RESIDENT Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (Internal Medicine), Chicago, IL, USA
- 1985 – 1987 FELLOWSHIP University of Texas at San Antonio (Critical Care, Pulmonary) San Antonio, TX, USA
- 1987 – 1989 RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP University of Utah, LDS Hospital (Pulmonary) Salt Lake City, UT, USA